Future East is looking for new members to join the Management Committee!
They will be elected at our AGM which we will hold at our 3rd Open Meeting of 2017 on 2nd October. We welcome organisations and individuals to join us at this free event which will feature speakers, exhibitors and networking. Book your free place here.
What are the Benefits of becoming a Trustee? You will
- Have a say in what happens for older people in the community
- Meet new colleagues helping to improve things for older people
- Help to keep your local community engaged and heard
- Help develop services that local people want
- Use your skills to help others
- Volunteer for a charity
- Learn and share skills
- Be part of a new team
What are the Existing Roles and Responsibilities?
Committee members are:
- Responsible for day to day working within the rules of the organisation
- Chair – organises and chairs meetings
- Deputy Chair – Supports the chair
- Secretary – is responsible for the minuting of committee meetings and dealing with correspondence not otherwise allocated to another member of the Committee
- Treasurer – oversees the finances
We need new Committee Members, who are the Trustees, to:
- Attend Committee meetings four times a year and Open Meetings
- Contribute to discussions
- Make decisions
- Help make practical things happen
If you are interested you can download a Committee nomination form here.
You can download the Charity Commission booklet “The Essential Trustee – What you need to know, what you need to do” here.
If you would like to find out more about us, please contact our Chair, Gerry Calder on 07966 154469 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susannah Harris on 07858 456946 or email her at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you.
Open Meeting and AGM – 2nd October 2017
Are you over 50, someone who cares for someone over 50 or part of an organisation that supports people who are over 50?
If so, Future East invites you to our last Open Meeting of 2017 and our Annual General Meeting.
Activities will include:
- Presentations and stands by local statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Networking with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
- Opportunities to tell us and our other guests about the issues and priorities which you feel impact people over 50 and/or carers.
“Strategic Overview of Cambridgeshire County Council Older Peoples’ Service”
by Claire Bruin (Older Peoples Services, Cambridgeshire County Council)
by Cambridgeshire County Council
“Benefits Entitlement for Older People – Update”
by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
Future East Annual General Meeting (AGM)
including annual reports and election of trustees.
‘Introduction to Living Sport’
by Living Sport
“What We Do – Introduction to the Care Network”
by Care Network
Please note that the above may be subject to change.
Doors open at 9.30am, presentations start at 10.30 and the events close at 3pm.
The event is free to attend and lunch is provided.
All attendees must book a ticket in advance, please use the button below to go to our Eventbrite page to book your place:
If you have any questions about this event then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you will be representing an organisation and would like to hold a stall at the event then please indicate this when you register or contact us at the email address above.
If you would like to receive information about our future Open Meetings as it becomes available and/or vote at our AGM then please sign up for free Future East membership using this membership form.
Introducing Future East
Wising up to older lives in East of England
Future East is a unique membership body, bringing together different perspectives to make life better for older people in the East of England.
We bring together different perspectives (statutory, voluntary and older people themselves) and provide a gateway for influencing policy and services at local, regional and national level.
We use our collective influence to improve the homes, communities, neighbourhoods and lives of the growing number of older people in the east of England.
What we do:
- Challenge assumptions about older people
- Influence services and policies
- Channel consultation
- Investigate, research and record
- Communicate across boundaries
- Deliver the Silver Circles Project. More details and contact information here
- If you are interested in the work of Future East please contact our Chair, Gerry Calder on 07966 154469 or email email@example.com
- For details of our events contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susannah Harris on 07858 456946.
If you would like to receive our newsletter and updates to your inbox please click on the subscribe button
You can download our latest newsletter here
If you have news or events you would like to share in our e-newletter or on the website please email email@example.com
You can also write to us at our Registered Office 119 High Street, Chesterton, Cambridge, CB4 1NL