Wising up to older lives in East of England
Current members are drawn from the following sources:
Older Peoples Representatives
These provide local knowledge of older people, both first-hand and through their networks. Each top tier local authority in the east of England is invited to nominate a representative.
- Wilf Deakin – Bedford Borough
- Peter Durrant – Cambridgeshire
- Ruth Featherstone – Central Bedfordshire
- Vacancy – Essex
- Fiona Rolfe – Herts
- Vacancy – Luton
- Graeme Duncan – Norfolk
- Vacancy – Peterborough
- Vic Tassell – Southend on Sea
- Vacancy – Suffolk
- Gerry Calder – Thurrock
- Peter Coleing
- Pauline Weinstein
These members offer their expertise in older people issues, service delivery, and the implementation of policy. Any not-for-profit group with a regional reach and an interest in older people may apply to become a member and provide a senior level representative.
- Michael Bond – Age Concern East
- Emily Millington-Smith – EROPAG
- Ron Douglas- National Pensioners Convention
- Peter Codd-Tenants Participation Advisory Service
Statutory Sector (Associate Members)
Statutory sector representatives who are able to make a regular commitment and are involved in areas of interest to older people are welcome to join.
- Suzanne Lowe- Cabinet Office in East of England
- Russell Taylor- Dept of Work & Pensions
- Ruth Barnett- Equality and Human Rights Commission
The above may be contacted by emailing: Susannah Harris at email@example.com
Download the Future East Leaflet: Future East Leaflet
If you are interested in becoming a member you can down the application form here
All types of membership to Future East are FREE.
In addition there are a large number of interested individuals and bodies who receive our minutes and agenda and attend meeting when relevant.
If you are one of these and would like to receive our bulletin, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.